We all love to decorate for Christmas, making everything look so festive. But sometimes that can add up and get expensive. There's nothing like awesome easy affordable DIY Christmas decorations to save money, and to make everything look amazing. Here are a few awesome ones I found to share! Enjoy:
1.Christmas decoration advent calendar (Woman's Day) - You can decorate your tree one day at a time with this adorable Christmas advent calendar. To make you cover a 21 x 24 foam board in fabric and glue the back with hot glue. You can then hang store bought manila tags in rows with straight pins and add your own ornaments. To mark each date, you just punch holes in wood craft circles, and stamp with numbers and hang each number above an ornament. Beautiful!
|8 Easy affordable DIY Christmas decorations - Christmas advent calendar|
2. Gift bow wreath (Woman's Day) - To make this you simply attach a loop of floral wire around a 16 inch styrofoam wreath form. Then using a hot glue gun, glue festive looking bows to the front and sides.
|8 Easy Affordable DIY Christmas decorations - gift bow wreath|
3. Wood pallet tree (Country living) - This one is so simple and cheap, you can get free pallets anywhere. Get a wooden shipping pallet. Then with green paint, paint on a tree. using a hot glue gun, glue on pom poms as ornaments.
|8 easy affordable DIY Christmas decorations - wood pallet tree|
4. Frame ornaments (Country living) - So simple yet so pretty. Tuck pretty wrapping paper pieces inside small nickel frames for beautiful ornaments. Hang from your tree.
|8 Easy Affordable DIY Christmas decorations - frame ornaments|
5. Mini forest (Better Homes and Gardens) - Use a circle punch or or scissors to cut green cardstock into various size circles. Then accordion fold the paper to look like swagging evergreen boughs. Stack the folded rings and attach to wooden dowels to create a forest of fir trees. Group them together for a festive look.
|8 Easy Affordable DIY Christmas Decorations - mini forest|
6. Yarn and button yarn topiaries (Better Homes and Gardens) - This one is good for the kids. Using a hot glue gun, secure the end of a ball of yarn to the bottom of a foam cone with glue. Continue to wrap the whole cone tightly in yarn. Cut off the end when you have reached the top and secure with hot glue. Attach a large pompom with hot glue to the top, and a variety of different sized buttons all over the tree.
|8 Easy Affordable DIY Christmas Decorations - yarn topiaries|
7. Candy cane vase (Reader's Digest) - to make this simply clean an empty can. With a hot glue gun, glue candy canes all around the can. The tie with a red ribbon. looks beautiful holding poinsettias!
|8 Easy Affordable DIY Christmas Decorations - candy cane vase|
8. Giant Christmas ornaments (Hallmark) - Take a clean empty deli container and make holes on each side. Insert wire or coat hanger wire inside through the holes and bend to make a loop outside. Spray paint grey. Glue the deli container to a large plastic ball and let dry 24 hours. Looks awesome!
|8 Easy Affordable Christmas Decorations - giant Christmas ornaments|