Florida has an abundance of things to do and see. Though the theme parks are the the most popular of things, they are also the most expensive! I've compiled a list of some of the lesser known places, that are just as fun and much easier on the pocketbook.
1. MOSI- (Museum of Science and Industry in Tampa)- this place is awesome. My family has been several times, and it has never disappointed us. Adults are just $26.95, children $20.95.
2. Gatorland-(in Orlando) Everything you want to see about alligators! Plus they have an aviary, petting zoo, animal shows and a zipline. Adults $23.99, children $15.99.
3. Lowery Park Zoo-(in Tampa) This is a very nice zoo. My family has been here many, many times. They also have a train ride, and awesome shows. Adults- $29.99, children $22.95.
4. Wonderworks-(in Orlando) This is a really fun hands on experience the whole family can enjoy! There is so much to do and see, you can get lost here all day. They even have a magic dinner show here for a seperate fee. Adults-$26.99, children $20.99.
5. Ripleys-(in Orlando) There are many oddities to see here. It also has hands on activities. Adults-$19.99, children $12.99.
6. WeekieWachi-(Springhill) This is one of the oldest attractions in Florida. One one side is Buccaneer Bay which boasts 2 water slides, a tiki bar, lazy river tubing, and swimming in their springs. But be warned the water is COLD!! Stays a steady 72*. The other side you;ll see an underwater mermaid show, an animal show, and a boat ride. Adults- $13.00, children $8.00.
7. Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks-(Tarpon springs) There is a lot to see and do in Tarpon springs. They have many one of a kind shops to browse, and delicious local Greek bakeries and restaurants. They also have a local aquarium where the kids can pet and feed baby stingrays. Adults-$7.75, children $5.75.
Whichever you choose I'm sure you'll have a great fun filled time!!