Monday, June 13, 2016

WOW! SUPERNATURAL GOING STRONG

Hello all,

Wow 11 seasons! Thats a lot, and thats how long the show Supernatural has been on the air. I have to say I was hooked from the very first episode. I just loved the way Sam and Dean came off as real brothers. The brothers are played by Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki. I have watched every episode. Some a lot more that once. So whats their secret? I think its how the story is told. Each episode there is Sam and Dean hunting down monsters and demons together as brothers. Always trying to do whats right. Each episode can really stand alone, in which you could miss  a few episodes and still catch whats going on. It appeals to the occasional viewer and the super fan.

This show is not mainstream. It has its own following. The SPN Family and fandom are very dedicated to the show The fandom have even created their very own support group.. Supernatural has created a complex entertaining world we are happy to visit every week . I also think the adding of Misha Collins as Castiel added more appeal to the show. You can definitely see the real friendship between the three.  Quoted from one of the shows creaters Eric Kripke "I just think it's amazing that it's a show that [other executive producers] could put their own imprint on and yet it still stays really durable because of Jared and Jensen," he says. "That ability of the show to reinvent itself over and over again and never get old but always be about the brothers has just been a formula that turns out to work."  Quoted by Misha Collins about the show, "I think for whatever reason, the fans who are attracted to our show tend to be very smart, very creative, a little bit weird group of people, they're kinda weirdos. They're a bunch of nerds and people I really identify with because that's how I think of myself."

I think the shows success is a mixture. The writing is superb, always keeps me on the edge of my seat. The chemistry between the brothers Sam and Dean is real. They have such  a talented cast of actors such as Rob Benedict, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Mark Shepard, Jim Beaver,  and Mark Pellegrino to name a few. The shows stars also like to give back and participate in a lot of charity campaigns. Currently Kim Rhoades and Briana Buckmaster have the Wayward AF campaign going on where proceeds of sales go to Random Acts Dream 2  Acts Nicaragua  Project. I think Supernatural has many more seasons to go. The new season starts October 6th on the CW network.

No comments:

Post a Comment