There are so many things to do here in Florida. But many are so expensive. If you're on a budget like me, you are always looking for free or cheap fun things to do. I found 6 local places that your family will love! A few I have been to already and are well worth the trip. Enjoy:
1. Florida Botanical Gardens - The Gardens showcases and educates by showing flowers and fauna in motivational surroundings. It has 12 gardens in all and even has a butterfly garden. It is open most every day of the year and admission is free. It is located at 12520 Ulmerton Rd., Largo. (727)582-2100.
|6 FREE OR CHEAP FUN THINGS TO DO IN FLORIDA - FLORIDA BOTANICAL GARDENS|
2. Heritage Village - This is a 21 acre open air living history museum. It has 31 historic structures to explore, some dating back to the 19th century. Admission is free. It is open Wed.-Sat. 10-4 pm, and on Sunday 1-4. It is located at 11909 125th St. N., Largo. (727)582-2123.
|6 FREE OR CHEAP FUN THINGS TO DO IN FLORIDA - HERITAGE VILLAGE|
3. Leepa Rattner Museum of Art - This small museum has 8 galleries featuring art from Rattner, Leepa, and Ester Gentle. Admission is $6. They are open Tues-Sat from 10am to between 4-8 pm. Sunday it is open 1-5 pm. It is located at 600 Klosterman Rd., Tarpon Springs. (727)712-5762.
|6 FREE OR CHEAP FUN THINGS TO DO IN FLORIDA - LEEPA RATTNER MUSEUM OF ART|
4. American Victory Ship Museum - You can come aboard and explore the entire ship with its 3 cargo holds, radio and gyro rooms, bridge, crew cabins, mess hall, wheelhouse, captain's quarters, and all of the other rooms you expect to see on a battleship. They even have rare artifacts, photos, and exhibits to see. This is one of my family's favorite places to watch fireworks from on the 4th of July during their Family Fest. Admission is $10 adults, $5 for children. It's open Sun-Mon- noon to 5pm. Tues-Sat from 10 am to 5 pm. It is located 705 Channelside Dr., Tampa. (813)228-8766.
|6 FREE OR CHEAP FUN THINGS TO DO IN FLORIDA - AMERICAN VICTORY SHIP MUSEUM|
5. Wildlife Survival Sanctuary - I have been here many times. This place provides sanctuary to many exotic animals. They have tigers, leopards, cougars, deers. emus. ostriches, a pot bellied pig, and lemurs. They take donations for their tours that you have to call and set up in advance. All of the donations are used for the care of their animals. A great place to go with the kids! You need to call (352)797-4785 to schedule a tour. They are located at 18212 Booming Rd., Springhill.
|6 FREE OR CHEAP FUN THINGS TO DO IN FLORIDA - WILDLIFE SURVIVAL SANCTUARY|
6. Tampa's Electric Manatee Viewing Center - Many manatees seek out this area to stay warm in its discharge canal waters. Big Bends discharge canal is a federally designated manatee sanctuary. They are open Nov.1st - April 15th. They have a rays touch tank, an observation tower, a boardwalk, and a habitat trail along with its viewing center. Admission is free and are open 10 am-5 pm daily. They are located at 6990 Dickman Rd., Apollo Beach. (813)228-4289.
|6 FREE OR CHEAP FUN THINGS TO DO IN FLORIDA - TAMPA'S ELECTRIC MANATEE VIEWING CENTER|