Who wants to go camping?! Now that the weather and humidity are cooler, there is no better time than the present to go camping. Who doesn't love being one with nature and enjoying the outdoors? But camping can get downright expensive. I found some awesome cheap or free campsites in Florida that won't break your budget. Enjoy:
1. Flying A Myakka SF - A $10.00 pass or permit is all that's required to camp here. There are 16-29 campsites available. There is wildlife viewing, picnic tables, restrooms, a fire ring, and a grill. These are primitive campsites and water is not provided. You can get a permit at the ranger station or at campsite #6. It is located at 2000 S. River Rd. , North Port. Fla 34223. (941)460-1333.
|CHEAP FLORIDA CAMPING THAT WON'T BREAK YOUR BUDGET - FLYING A MYAKKA SF|
2. Wood Lake Hunt Camp - This is a free, first come first served campground. You can stay up to 14 days here, except during gun season when it's used as a hunting camp. It is primitive camping with restrooms, picnic tables, and a boat ramp. It sits on the Ochlockonee River. It's located in Sopchoppy, Fla., (850) 643-2282.
|CHEAP FLORIDA CAMPING THAT WON'T BREAK YOUR BUDGET - WOOD LAKE HUNT CAMP|
3. Babcock Webb WMA - The camping is free here but there is $3 cost for a day use permit. Camping is only permitted on the weekends and in the designated camping areas. They have a boat ramp, a fire ring, and picnic tables. This one is near water. The address is 29201 Green Gulf Blvd., Punta Gorda, Fla. 850-4884676.
|CHEAP FLORIDA CAMPING THAT WON'T BREAK YOUR BUDGET - BABCOCK WEBB WMA|
4. Fore Lake Campground - This is a pay campground at $12 a night. It has 30 campsites and each has a picnic table, grill, and lantern pole. It has a shower house and restrooms. It boasts a beautiful beach for swimming and has a fishing pier. There is a camp host on site and gates are open till 8 pm. If you get here after late, you can call (352)652-6312 for a gate code. It is located on SR 314, Silver Springs, Fla. (352)236-0288.
|CHEAP FLORIDA CAMPING THAT WON'T BREAK YOUR BUDGET - FORE LAKE CAMPGROUND|
5. Matanzas State Forest Primitive Camp - This is a pay campground at $10 a night. It is open year round, but only has 5 campsites available. It has a grill, picnic tables, a fire ring, bathrooms and is near the water. You need to contact the Florida Forest Service at 386-585-6150 before 7 pm for the combination for the gate lock and a permit. The address is Double Gate Rd. at US 1 South, St. Augustine, Fla. (386)446-6786.
|CHEAP FLORIDA CAMPING THAT WON'T BREAK YOUR BUDGET - MATANZAS STATE FOREST|
6. JB Starkey Wilderness Park - There are 16 tent camping sites. They have restrooms with showers and a small shelter, a fire ring, grills and drinking water. Primitive camping is $5.00, regular tent camping is $10 nightly. Reservations are required. There are about 15 tent campsites. It is located at 10500 Wilderness Park Blvd. , New Port Richey, Fla. (727)834-3247.
|CHEAP FLORIDA CAMPING THAT WON'T BREAK YOUR BUDGET - JB STARKEY PARK|