One thing my family loves to do every year around the holidays is to look at Christmas lights. So many change venues or times every year. So I scoured the web searching for the 7 best local dazzling Christmas light displays in Florida. Here's the list:
1. Wilderness Wonderland (New Port Richey) - This is a drive through viewing of Christmas lights. They turn their campground cabins into a winter wonderland with many lights and moving animation. If you tune your radio to 89.5 you can listen to the Christmas music as you drive through. It takes place at JB Starkey Park at 10500 Wilderness Park Blvd., New Port Richey. Its $2 per person and is December 9-11, and the 15th-18th.
2. Holiday Lights in the Garden (Largo) - You can stroll the gardens and see more than a million lights, lasers, and animated figures. They even have entertainers and Santa. It's at The Florida Botanical Gardens at 12520 Ulmerton Road , Largo. Its $4 per person and runs from 5:30-9:30 daily.
|7 best dazzling Christmas light displays in Florida - Holiday Lights in the Garden|
3. Nights of Shimmering Lights (Brandon) - This is a drive through viewing in your car of two miles of lights and 750 lighted scenes, tunnels and dancing lights. It's at the The Hillsborough County Fairgrounds at the corner of Sydney Washer Rd. and Hwy. 60, Brandon. It's open daily till dusk until December 30th and is $20 a carload.
4. Rawls Road lights (Tampa) - This is a multi-home light display in the Carrollwood area of Tampa. It has been going on for 15 years and was featured on HGTV. It has inflatables, music and a walk through area. The display is daily till January 1st from dark till 9 pm. and is at 5118 Rawls Road, Tampa.
5. Oakdale Christmas House (St. Pete) - This display made HGTV and NBC's Today top 3 Christmas light displays in the US. It has half a million lights and fiber optics and takes a crew of 15 three months to install. It runs from 6-9 pm through January 3rd at 2719 Oakdale St. S., St. Pete.
|7 best dazzling Christmas light displays in Florida - Oakdale Christmas house|
6. Symphony in Lights (Wesley Chapel) - The Shops at Wiregrass Mall in Wesley Chapel have a lightshow with thousands of lights choreographed to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It runs on the hour from 6-9 pm through December 31 at 28211 Paseo Drive, Wesley Chapel.
|7 best dazzling Christmas light displays in Florida - Symphony in Lights|
7. Bright Nights (Tampa) - The Glazer Children's Museum has an enchanted land of lights with lit up exhibits and Christmas music. It runs through December 18th at 110 Gasparilla Plaza in Tampa. Admission is $15 per person.
|7 best dazzling Christmas light displays in Florida - Bright Nights|