My favorite time of year is here, Fall! The time for cooler weather here in the sunshine state, festivals, and pumpkin patches. I've listed some of the best pumpkin patches and festivals I could find! Enjoy and post me a pic of your pumpkin creation!
1. Sarasota Pumpkin Festival - This is a fall festival very popular and back for its third time. It features a pumpkin patch and maze, child sized hay bale maze, tractor pulled hay rides, trick or treating, bounce house, pony rides, pie eating contest and midway rides. Admission is free with coupons from the local paper. It runs from October 28th to the 30th at 5895 Post Blvd. Lakewood Ranch Florida, 34211.
2. Corn Fusion Crop Maze and Family Fall Festival - This pumpkin patch has something for everyone. It has an 8 acre crop maze, bounce house, farm animals, horse shoes, duck races, pumpkin patch, pumkin carving station, corn hole, corn barn, air cannon, and a hayride. It also has monster truck rides, and a zombie farm paintball shooting arcade. Admission: adults $11.50, kids $9.50. It runs October 1st to the 30th only on the weekends at the Smith Family Ranch 13444 Moore Rd. Lakeland, Florida 33809.
3. Hunsader U-Pick Farms - This pumpkin patch fall festival features a lot. It has live music, corn maze, butterfly experience, scarecrow displays, childrens train rides, circus tent, pioneer trades village, hayrides, pony rides and a petting zoo. Admission: adults $10.00, kids are free. Its every weekend in October at 5500 CR 675 Bradenton, Florida.
4. Hydro Harvest Farms - This pumpkin patch has is a hydroponic vertical growing farm. They use no pesticides and very little water. The pumpkin patch is open everyday and is free. On October 24th they have their Boofest. It has kid friendly activities like painting pumpkins for prizes, arts and crafts. They are at 1101 E. Shell Rd. Ruskin Florida 33750.
5. Harvestmoon Festival - This is a festival that has pumpkins already gathered from the patch for you to buy. It also features a five acre corn maze, a cow train, petting farm, cornball (a family game), pony rides, gem rides, zombie paintball, and a 20 foot tube hill slide. Admission: adults and children $11.95. Open October 3rd to November 7th at 15990 Stur St. Masaryktown Florida, 34604.
6. Holland Farms Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze - This festival has a lot going on. It has a pumpkin patch, live music, petting zoo, corn maze and kiddie maze, pony rides, hayrides, and tube slide. It runs from September 24th to November 3rd. Admission: adults and kids $10.00. Its at 2055 Homer Holland Rd. Milton Florida, 32570.
7. Green Meadows Farm - They have a pumpkin patch, hayrides, pony rides, and more than 300 animals, jack o lantern trail, and a kid friendly haunted house. With each visit, everyone can take home a free pumpkin from their pumpkin patch. The pumpkin festival runs from October 1st to November 3rd. This one is pricey though. Admission: adults $23.00, kids $20.00 Its at 1368 South Poinciana Blvd. Kissimmee Florida, 34746.
8. The Pickin' Patch - This place claims to be the only real pumpkin patch in Florida because here you can pick them off the vines. They offer a corn maze, hayrides, kids hay maze and hay fort, slide and little wagons so you can pick your own pumpkins. It runs from October 7th to October 30th. Admission is $3.00 for adults, kids are free. Its at 11000 Rolling Hills Rd. Dunnellon Florida.