Wednesday, November 2, 2016

MY RECIPE CORNER - KICK- ASS DELICIOUS MARSHMALLOW SWEET POTATOES

Hello all,

When I think of November, I think of one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving. I just love getting together with family and friends. I also love all of the delicious recipes this time of year! My recipe for kick-ass marshmallow sweet potatoes is a tried and true family favorite.
I have used this recipe to make kick-ass marshmallow sweet potatoes since my kids were small. I always get a lot of compliments on them. They especially go well as a side dish for Thanksgiving. I think the secret is the addition of orange juice. They are very sweet. Here it is, Enjoy-

MARSHMALLOW SWEET POTATOES-

INGREDIENTS:
2 large cans of sweet potatoes ( I think they're about 23 ounces)
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 to 3/4 cup of orange juice
2 bags of mini marshmallows
1 tsp. cinnamon


DIRECTIONS:
Drain sweet potatoes into a bowl and smash with a potato masher.
Melt the butter and add it to the potatoes.
Add the orange juice.(I say 1/2 to 3/4 cup because you don't want them watery, but you want to taste the orange juice).
Add the cinnamon and stir.
Add a whole bag of mini marshmallows and mix well.
Spread into a  square 9 X 13 baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins.
Sprinkle the remaining bag of marshmallows on top of the potatoes and cook 5-10 more mins. until the marshmallows start to melt ( as many marshmallows as you like, I use half a bag).
Put the pan under the broiler for a few minutes if you want it browned ( I usually do for a few minutes).
Remove the pan, cool and enjoy. But be careful the marshmallows will be very hot!



No comments:

Post a Comment