2016 has not been a good year for many of us. Some of us less fortunate may need assistance with food or bills and not know where to turn. You never know when an emergency may strike and you may be in need. Here is a list of 10 places to go for emergency assistance in Pasco County. These agencies can help out in those kind of situations.
1. Mid Florida Community Services - They have a low income energy assistance program (LIHEAP), it helps with financial aid for utility and cooling costs. (352)796-1425
2. Healing Hearts Ministry - They offer assistance with electric bills. (727)389-9086 - 5510 River Rd. #103, New Port Richey.
3. Catholic Charities - They help with emergency funds for paying rent, and basic needs such as food and clothing. They also have a shelter and transitional housing.
West Pasco- (727)834-3884 or (888)816-6968 - 5609 US 19 #1, New Port Richey
East Pasco- (352)521-1218 -377333 Meridian Ave., Dade City
4. Metropolitan Ministries of Pasco - They have a food pantry, GED instruction, clothing, rent, and utility assistance. (727)937-3268 - 3214 US 19, Holiday.
5. Society of St. Vincent de Paul - They help with food and financial help for utilities and rent. (813)949-6094.
6. Salvation Army of Pasco County - They help with emergency assistance for utilities and food. (727)847-6321 - 8040 Washington St., Port Richey.
7. Christian Social Services - They help with food, clothing and utility bills. (813)995-0088.
8. St. Michaels Church - They help with food and utility bills. (727)819-5170 - 8014 SR 52, Hudson.
9. St. James Church - They help with food and utilities. (727)869-3132 - 8400 Monarch Dr., Port Richey.
10. OLOR Church - They help with food and utilities. (813)949-6094 - 2348 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes.