There has been a lot of talk on the internet about cutting the cord to your cable provider. I've researched and came across some sites where you can watch movies and shows for free besides Netflix.:
1. Crackle- I use this one myself. I have it downloaded to an Xbox with Netflix. It has a mix of older and newer movies. I've found quite a few on this site. It has TV shows also.
2. Hulu- I know this is a pay service, but it does have a limited collection of movies that you can stream for free.
3. Snagfilms- This is one I gotta try. It has quite a collection, 10,000 free movies. The interface looks to be very user friendly.
4. Hoopla- This site has more than just movies. You can also stream audiobooks, music, ebooks, and TV.
5. Yidio- This site is more like a hub, a place that connects others services together in one place, like Hulu and Netflix. You'll still need a subscription for some of them.
6. PopcornFlix- This is one I wanna try! It looks to have quite a collection. No newer movies though. It also has Indie films and TV shows.
7. Viewster- This site carries a wide selection of anime, web shorts, movies and more. It has some unusual movie categories that set it apart from others.
8. Free Movies Cinema- This site looks to have a lot of classic movies, but in all genres. It also has newer ones , and short films too.
9. Classic Cinema Online- This site is for all you old classic movie junkies. It even has the old creepy horror classics. Be forewarned, their selection is limited.
Good luck at cutting the cord and enjoy!